Sunday, July 12, 2009

Update #2

Hey hey mi familia! Buenos! I miss you all very much, but again I will say that I am having an excellent time here in El Salvador.

This morning was really the first time I have felt sick to my stomach, but resting today is helping with the nausea.

Friday was our last day in El Sarten. We have developed great relationships with the pastor and his family as well as the people of the village. Mateo dedicated two precious babies today. One of which was only 10 days old! His name is Ruben and he is the most precious child. I specifically connected with a little baby that was 3 months old, and his name was Antonio. He was so chunky and beautiful. I love that his mother trusted me to hold him. What great progress!

Yesterday we went to another town in El Salvador to meet a beautiful 15 year old girl named Sylvia. What a story she has! We all enjoyed Pizza Hut together and afterwards went to her house where she shared some precious items with us. She had made us beautiful necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. HOW sweet!!

Today we drove back to El Sarten for a church service. It lasted 2.5 hours! God moved in amazing ways! Glori a Dios! (Glory be to God!) My spanish is not good at all. I speak very little. Although, it's not as difficult as you might think to get your point across in another language. LOL. I can order food and ask a lot of questions. "Como se dise..." means "How do you say..." and then you just point to an object and they will tell you. The children will also ask you how we say it in English. Like this, "Como se dise en ingles?" I love them so much.

This coming week we will be in a different village working with different people. I embrace this change even though it means leaving those I've already befriended. I really feel God used us to make an impact in El Sarten.

For those that supported me: You have done an amazing thing by sending me here. No gift was too small, and all will share in the same reward given by God. I can't wait to see what is after El Salvador!

much love!! xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so overjoyed to read about what God is doing in El Salvador through your team! Kayla you life will never be the same again! Prayers! Kristin

charlibarnoskie said...

Number one question/statement... don't you think Pizza Hut is so much better there?!?!
Love you. Praying for you.