Sunday, October 11, 2009

It truly is ALL about Him

This morning, (early afternoon), I am still laying in bed. It's so cold in my parent's house right now, and I don't have the strength to fight the chills! ;-) I've been meaning to update my blog, too. I've been playing catch up reading everyone else's, and it made me realize that I just really need to let people know what the latest is in my life.

School! Oh my goodness, I never ever realized how much time my school would demand from me. I thought the farther along I got in Nursing School, the easier it would be to manage my time. But, I was deceived. Nah, It is going okay. I am really struggling with my main nursing content right now. I'm praying for more diligence and wisdom in spending my time so I can really focus on studying. I am also praying for a better attitude about studying. The Lord called me to be a nurse. I am doing this for Him, and thanking Him for my personal love for the well being of health for others. I am also making a major lifestyle change so that I, myself, may be in better health very soon.

Church! I struggled there for a while about whether to return to James River in Springfield, MO after I returned from El Salvador. I was hindered by how small I was and how little I could do in such a huge church. But then God opened my eyes through a single picture from the country of Haiti, and He spoke to my spirit, "This is exactly were I want you to be. I have placed you here for a purpose. You are part of this puzzle for Haiti at James River Church." So I stayed, and blogged about it entitled, "I'm staying" so check it out! I've been working alongside Pastor Scotty and Casey Gibbon's family to help with childcare and anything else they need. I'm very blessed to have been placed by God to offer some of my talents and giftings to them.

Free-time! I live with a family of 6. A type of boarding, if you will. I've known them since I was very young, and they are very hospitable. It's becoming easier to say "no" to the children when indeed I feel like saying "no." I'm a people pleaser and saying no to anyone is extremely difficult for me. Especially to the people that mean the most to me in the whole world. This is a problem I have been working on. Because, sometimes saying yes to things requires me to back out on things I have committed to, or become very stressed because I cannot manage my time efficiently between everyone. But I really enjoy hanging out with my Life Groupers, and hitting the coffee house every now and then. Caramel Macchiatos...mmmm! So bad for me! :-(

Holiday letter/Newsletter will go out over the course of the next few weeks. I am putting together a little something that will say to many that read this and keep up with my life a very sincere Thank You and a short summary of what going to New Orleans and El Salvador did for the residents that live there because of your generosity and prayerful attitude in sending me to be Christ's hands and feet. It will also include updates about the future and my long term plan. (Not that it is a set plan, because everything is totally in God's hands, and we all know how He is best at tweaking our plans to make them soooo much better.)

Most currently: Please be in prayer for this: About a year ago, when God began to visibly transform every step of my life in front of my very eyes, a small seed was planted in my heart by what I believe was most indeed the Holy Spirit. I had a very strong urge to write down what was happening, and I did. But, I also felt like I am to write about it so that others may be inspired at a young age to follow their heart and act on what God puts in their heart. I also want to incorporate our in between years for girls. Ya know, the years I am going through right now. Those out-of-high-school-in-college-single-girl years. I think God may have a slight twist in our life stories, and I can't wait to continue in prayer about this matter, and then ACT on it! How exciting!

Well, I must go and take a shower, and actually begin this day. I really can't believe I am still in bed!

Love you! xoxo

No comments: