Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cutting the cord, because I CAN.

When I think about the possibilities... oh my goodness, adulthood is SO exciting! Independence is thrilling! Responsibility is s-c-a-r-y! :) But, I'm so amped that after May, 2009, I will be my own person. I will be making my own money. I will be living independently. No more feeling like I need permission to do things. I am cutting the cord and clinging to the Lord. :-) It is gonna feel soooo good! If I want to up and drive across the United States, I can SO do that. If I want to hop on a plane and fly to CA, I SO CAN. If I want to buy a car, I CAN. If I want to give my money away, I CAN. If I want to say, "No!" I CAN. , I can taste the sweetness now! And it tastes GOOD!

St. John's hospital here isn't hiring very well, which I knew was going to become a very real possibility. So, I must be open to new opportunities. At first, getting used to leaving Mountain View was a slight challenge (okay, so there really wasn't a challenge there at all). But, I enjoy Springfield. But, I want a job more. So although the idea of leaving Springfield is a little scary (okay, really scary), I bet I could manage. I'm so NOT good at meeting new people, but I would so make it.

I have no idea what the Lord has in store. One thing for sure, I will follow Him. If He wants me to stay here, I trust He will provide me a job. But if He wants me to leave, I will go boldly, confidently, powerfully in the Spirit, and faithfully!
(And, a cool thing: I will make this decision with God's help. I will not make what others feel is the best decision. <- This is awesome.)

God, You are SO cool!
-Kayla

2 comments:

kristin said...

Well, be prepared for unexpected journeys with the Lord. Your cord is already cut:)

Kayla said...

:-) I love you, Kristin!!

Can we just pack up and go to Uganda?