Sunday, February 14, 2010

Guilt and Love

Ya know, It's really hard for me to even justify the feelings I have for Haiti. The sadness... I'm trying to remember to be proactive. I'm not there. I've never been there. But I long to be there. Tonight during the service at James River, a man delivered a Word from the Lord. It was intense. A lot of what the Lord had to tell us was about just whole hearted openness to Him. Be willing to let Him use you no matter what it may cost you. It's hard to picture the next several years of my life. Honestly, past the month of May, I am blind. But, I do know I want May to get here quick.

I think about what they lack and what I have. I thank God for His provisions. I am blessed. But, I can't help but think about water and food wasting here. Every single night when I lay down in my bed, I almost feel guilty. Thousands are sleeping on dirt streets.

My heart is burdened. And I know the most powerful thing to do is pray. So, I'm going to go spend time in prayer.

...and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. Isaiah 58:10

No comments: