Thursday, February 25, 2010

Satisfaction

We each find satisfaction in separate things. Some enjoy ice cream, others prefer a Hershey's candy bar. Some crave a steak, others crave vegetables. I'm reading a book named Soul Cravings by Erwin McManus. It is really good. The truth is that many are starving their souls. They're trying to feed it with so many things that they think will satisfy it...but only the love of God can feed it. Doing what the Lord created you to do- satisfies it.

Me- I have been designed and purposed. To be in Haiti. To serve. To love. In December of 2008, I heard God speak and in the middle of the Barnes and Noble Starbucks cafe, I almost fell off the chair. If you've only recently began reading my blog, you do not know the story of the past year of my life. God has been so good, and He is so near.

I've been learning a lesson. I've been learning about passions, loves, and creations. And my professor has been the Lord. He is taking time to show me how HE is the one who gives us our passions. It is because He did, indeed, create us for His plan. We are but human, and we cannot contain every passion that the Lord has. In fact, we can only hold but a portion of one of his passions. This isn't 'rocket science,' and I realize some of you that read this will be confused or think this is old news. But, God is teaching me something, and I want to share it with you.

He has created me, and birthed into me a love for people. More specifically, a passion to see people to come to know Him and live in the passions He designated for them before they were born. And a step deeper, a love for the Haitian people. One that feels blood deep. I don't just love them, they are family to me. One of the lessons I have learned is that, (duh), not everyone has the same passion as I do. Some people do! I've talked to some that do! But others do not have the slightest clue as to why I would want to live somewhere that is in such a desperate place of neediness. Perhaps it's because I realize what a hopeless mess I was when Jesus came and lived in me. Some people are fearful for me. Most believe I won't follow through with the calling of my God.

A few things come to mind when that is implied. 1) Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. 2)If He is for me, who can be against me. (Italics mine). and 3) The calling of the Lord is irrevocable. Long long ago, when I was a pre-teen, I told the Lord that every breath I took, and every step I took was His. I would do whatever, go wherever, and do it whenever He asked me to do and go. I have an opportunity to go to this country in November, and I am praying that God be glorified in any decision I must make regarding the trip.

Please learn this with me. The passion in my heart is God-given. He has allowed my heart to feel what He feels for this country and it's people-HIS people. You may have a passion to place orphan children in foster/adoptive homes. That passion is God-given. He has allowed your heart to feel what He feels for those children. You may have a passion to start a cafe, a passion to birth children, a passion to be a scientist. You must understand your passions are not of yourself. They are given to you by an all-knowing, omnipresent, and fearless God. They are His passions. Let Him do the work through you. Understand that other people's passions are from God and they are just as important to Him as your passion is to Him. (Because they are ALL His!) Be mindful of that. Would it be a little weird for me to remind you to support God's passions? Though sometimes we allow our feelings to be hurt, and we become offended because we think someone isn't paying enough attention to our passion and dream. Two things to that: 1) Be respectful of other's dreams and play into them. Give contacts, pray hard, and offer your help to someone who shares their dreams with you. And 2) Don't get offended. It's GOD's passion. He will get done what He wants to get done. Just be His vessel.

I'm stoked about what I'm learning, and I hope that you have gotten something out of this late night post! In 5 hours, I'm awaking for my day at the hospital!! Bring on the learning because one day, Haiti, I am coming to help you! And, until then, my soul will remain slightly starved, because until I'm working in the passion the Lord has given me, I will still crave home. Haiti.

Satisfied? Or do you still crave?

No comments: