Thursday, March 4, 2010

I was late!

I woke up this morning to see the light shining through my door. Sounds marvelous, but panic seized my heart. You're not supposed to be seeing light right now. It's NOT naturally sunny at 4:45am. oh-my-goodness, it's not 4:45am! Yeah, it happened...again. Now, I get to pay to go to the hospital on what should be beginning my Spring break. Ugh! The culprit for the late start is my telephone. They are not as reliable as we think they should be. Apparently at some point in the night, the thing turned off. <>, Oh well, right? What can I do about it, now?

I woke up at 7:45 am, and decided to spend some time with the Lord in the Word. How refreshing it is, and how surprising it is! I am reading the Bible through in a year, but I'm doing it differently than most do. I am doing it chronologically. Currently, I am in Numbers. What a book! Right now, I just finished learning about how the Lord separated the Levites from the Israelites to be the caretakers of the Tent of Meeting. While Moses and Aaron have been playing the go-to for all the Israelites complaining. A while ago, it surprised me just how protective of Moses and Aaron God is. He wanted to kill off all those who opposed the brothers. But, Moses, in his humility, prayed that God would not. Though because of some disobedience on Moses and Aaron's part, God told them that they would not enter the Promised Land. Then, Aaron died on a hilltop. I'm so excited about what I am learning. God is teaching me practical ways to apply it to my life right now.

What I lack is a relationship with the Lord through prayer. Of course I pray. But they tend to be so shallow. By the time I make it to praying, I'm usually so exhausted I fail at remembering all I need to bring before the Lord. Before I go any further in this updated blog, reflecting upon the last sentence brings such surprise to my soul. As if God doesn't know all that is going on. I'm in a women's Bible study group right now that is discussing how to live a praying life. I've learned so far, that the way we're taught to pray in Sunday School...well, it's not right. Maybe someday I can condense what I've learned about prayer into clear and concise words, but right now, it is still rolling through my mind trying to get rooted.

Let me encourage you to dig deep into the Word of God. And when you pray, pray His will over your life and others. It's His will that others flourish, and that you are lead and directed. It's His will for your loved ones to come to know Christ, and it's His will that good is done. Your job is to pray it through. I wish I had more time to discuss this with you. For now, be encouraged! God is with you. He is there to help you, even if you wake up late for clinicals! :-)

xoxo
Kayla

No comments: