Saturday, March 27, 2010

I realize how great...Your affections are for me

Hi friends. :)

Blessed: divinely or supremely favoured.
Time: an appointed, fit, due, or proper instant or period; the particular point in time when an event is scheduled to take place; the right occasion or opportunity.
Impact: influence, effect.

In certain situations in my life, it has taken an extreme intervention by God to slap me back to attention. At least, they feel extreme. When God can't get something through my thick head for a while, He resorts to dreams, people, and a heavy heavy spirit. Lately, my spirit has been burdened. Burdened for myself. Burdened because I've been so selfish...

Tonight, riding in a car coming back from dinner, my Dad had a nice little chat with his 3 girls. It's very rare that we are all in the same place at the same time. He took advantage of the time and spoke to us about the times that we are living in. How exciting they are. But, also, how dangerous they are. He spoke to us about living right, whole, healthy before the Lord. To do what is right constantly. I was convicted.

I've been so worried about myself, about what I feel and what I want. I've been focused on what I can get out of the rest of the years of my life. Just how successful can I be? Refreshing on how much being driven toward success is just part of who I am, I do not feel sorry for that. I'm not convicted about that specifically. But I am convicted because I know deep down, I've been wanting what looks best in the world's eyes than what looks best in His eyes.

Tonight my Dad talked a little bit about our family history. This is the part of the blog where the defined words come into play. I've been blessed because I am loved by my God. And, though for no known reason, He favours me. He has purposed my life. Even as I type the words, I am chilled. I love You, God. Christine Caine sent out a tweet a few days ago about how rare, rather the odds, of being born at this time. I am only the 4th generation on my Dad's side of the family that has chosen to follow Christ. My great-grandpa Johnny went to church and gave his life to Christ at a very young age, spent several months studying the Bible at school, and chose to raise his family in accordance to the Word of God. He changed the course of history. <>. I bet several of you can relate. The magnitude of my Great-Grandpa's decision altered. the. course. of. my. life. Now, let's shift toward my Mom's side of the family. This is even better. My grandma was the first person, and still is, the only person out of her entire family that accepted Christ as her Savior. She married an unsaved, alcoholic man. And when my Mom was 12 years old, my grandpa gave his life to Christ. The Lord freed him from alcoholism and smoking literally overnight. This is my ancestry. Not hundreds of years ago, but just a few decades ago.

So, tonight, the Lord spoke to my Spirit and told me just how incredible I am. Before you take that to think I'm conceited, let me elaborate. My family, we're fresh at this. Time. Appointed, due, proper instant or period. I love this definition: particular point in time when an event is scheduled to take place. God chose ME to live at THIS time. Why? What do I have to offer Him? I mean, WHOA. What event has God scheduled to take place that He wants me to witness it, be there, make it happen... This is HUGE for YOU to understand, too.

This leads me into talking about impact. What influence/effect do I have on you? I think about all of you that have affected me. More than likely, my friends don't even realize how much they've affected the very core of my being. Leave an impact that's worthy of leaving. Befriend your sisters, brothers, family. Set an example for your nieces, nephews, and cousins. Be a world-changer for Jesus. 'Leave it all out on the field. No regrets.' Blessed. Time. Impact.

Jesus, I am so so sorry. Forgive me for allowing wickedness to shadow the pure heart You gave me. Wipe me clean again, Father. Tonight, You've spoken to me and told me how important I am to You. The last thing I want to do is abandon You. God, expose me. Humble me. No complaining. Make me beautiful. Use me. Guide me, Lord, into the next step of this life You've so graciously laid out for me. Mold me into the image of Your Son. Oh, how You love us.
Amen

No comments: