Sunday, March 21, 2010

Season Change- (beyond simply winter to spring...)

"Just remember, there is no condom for your mind...", she said.

--The act of a condom is to protect, provide a barrier, and to stop the spread thereof. Though the word itself is referred to a sexual act, it's principle can be applied elsewhere.--

The difference between right and wrong. We conclude that it is such a gray area. That living on the line is, in fact, the best place to live. After all, it happens to be the most exhilarating. Nothing compares the adrenaline rush I receive from contemplating the pros/cons of a decision that may or may not be right. Just how far can I go? If I pass the line, will I remain close enough to it so I can cross back over? Life on the other side of that line...it is, well, free... The Spirit reminds me, though, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free..." Galatians 5:1a. It continues to read, "Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery" (5:1b). If this is true, (and I fully believe it is), why do I feel so trapped and so 'un-free'?

If the call of God is irrevocable, what happens if I stray away for a little while? Can I come back and pick up where I left off? Just how far will my sin separate me from the Lord? Can I really be used if I damage who I am in the Lord? How much of my mind can I possibly destroy before the point of return?

Through discussing some of this with a friend, she made the comment that is quoted at the beginning of this blog. It really impacted me. No matter what decision I am trying to make, the consequences of that decision will affect my mind. Nothing I can do will be enough to protect my mind. Again, the act of a condom is to protect, provide a barrier, and to stop the spread thereof. And again, though the word itself is referred to a sexual act, it's principle can be applied elsewhere. Just think on it. It causes deep reflection.

"If the choices you make drive you into a place of hiding, leading to depression... If you aren't ready to explain the decisions you make to those around you, then you are facing a big problem," she said, "and remember, there is no condom for your mind."

Basically, no matter how physically safe I feel in making ANY decision, I will not be protected from the impact it has on my mind, my soul, my spirit... Am I prepared for that? It's not safe to walk away from the hand, protection, and will of God. However, as heinous as it sounds, that's exactly what I want to do.

Will I do it?
I don't plan on it.
But, bear with me, okay?

No comments: