Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Life as of Lately

Oh my word!! My life has been SO crazy lately! I have SO many things that I've wanted to blog about. My personal computer has been out of commission. Technology is SO unreliable. :-) Hopefully soon I can buy me a new one. I'm too concerned about saving up for a car right now, though, to worry about a computer.

Here's what's happened lately:

I started my new job officially! Made it through general hospital orientation, the basic RN orientation, computer classes, and now I'm in my 3rd week of actually being a nurse. I never knew it would be quite as hard as this. When I say hard, I just mean mentally exhausting. I triple, and quadruple check myself so many times over so many things in one day. By the end of the day, I'm STILL questioning my decisions. It's hard to have a life (or 4) cradled in your hands for 12 hours and not be nervous. Then when I think about taking them on myself, with no 'go-fer'... It's scary, and nervewracking. I have a new respect for healthcare workers. They do and put up with a LOT, and risk their own lives taking care of others. It's TOTALLY true.

Anyway, I have been working 3 days in a row of 12 hour shifts for a total of 36 hours/week. It's a great schedule, and from the looks of it, overtime is going to be super easy to acquire. They need so much help... I work days right now orienting with one of my former instructors. She is a GREAT trainer on the job. I was nervous at first about working with one of my teachers from RN school, but she is SO WONDERFUL!!! After next week (after the 8th of July), I will begin to do a couple of weeks of orienting on night shift. This is the shift I was hired for. Other good news is that even though I have to work every other weekend, the weekends are considered friday night and saturday night, NOT saturday and sunday! This means I might be really tired, but I won't miss church very often after all! God is SO good! He knows how important fellowship is! :-)

Next, God has been totally working on my heart. It's amazing. The things He is showing me, teaching me, how He is guiding me. Also, He's showing me SO many things about myself. It's amazing how you can't really understand how great His salvation is or how great His love is for you until you realize how dirty and disgusting you truly are without Christ to cover you. One thing He is having me go through is exactly that. Not a pleasant experience, but He is helping me see just how brilliant His plans are. And, I'm thankful.

The next thing I want to blog about is about my Dad and what God is doing in my heart. My eyes are closing involuntarily, and I still REALLY want to spend some time with my Bible and in God's presence. It's a desperate need.

Love,
Kayla

No comments: