Sunday, June 10, 2012

Meet me tomorrow...

I have been quiet as of late.
I have been seeking.

I wish sculpting a feeling was a possibility.
If you could maybe touch it, you might understand.
Because, my words seem unable to display the emotions twirling in my insides.

Last night, I prayed God would encounter me today.
God, you're big. Meet me tomorrow.

Truth is, I am such an imperfect person. I mean, really imperfect.
There are things that I struggle with on a deep level.
Seriously.
Things so rooted and knotted.
Things I fear would make you run if you were to see them or hear them.
But, I am ensnared by it all.
God, you're big. Meet me tomorrow.


I walked through the doors confidently, head strong but heart weak.
You are who You say You are. Meet me today...please.
The music began to play, and without my permission, walls weakened.
"For You and You alone awake my soul..."
In that moment, I remembered:
Only He is able to breathe life into me...to awaken me...


Body weak and Spirit hungry, He breathed on me; awakened me.
The lyrics to come encouraged my hand to raise and a chain to crack.
My response:
"I hear Your voice and this is my awakening."
Dear God, meet me tomorrow, again...please.

No comments: