Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back in the game!

I have been SUCH a procrastinator lately. Not just school or good rest time... but to church and friends time. It still feels a little weird. School definitely makes life a bit more of a routine, but it has not been one easily settled into. Still struggling a bit with moving in with a family of six. They are soooo good to me, and amazing people! I am so blessed.

I've avoided church a lot lately. I don't think that's common for those who come back from life changing missions for God. But for some reason, loneliness absolutely gripped my heart. I'm sure satan had a good work in this, and I could definitely feel it. But the point is, no more. I went to a Designed For Life meeting last night. (DFL is a women's conference my church is putting on and I'm volunteering.) They talked a lot about how much the women coming to this conference are loved, and how much they want to be able to spread Christ's love to them so they can share it with others. The end goal of course being new souls on their way to Heaven! And after a rather stressful day, this tiny sprout of, "Oh yeah, that's why I'm here... To show LOVE!" popped up into my head, it just all came back.

I'm here. Not to sit. Not to stand and mope. But to MOVE. To RISE UP. No part is too small. Through the love and will of Christ, I can most definitely be a part of changing lives. As I type this up, I'm thinking to myself how ridiculous it is that I was lied to about these things. Be careful friends, because Satan is so very sneaky. Your thoughts are so very controlling and it only takes one time of letting your guard down for him to slip in.

Be encouraged. 1 John 4:4 says, "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." I am definitely encouraged by this!

You are so loved!

No comments: