Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Speak Louder

Hollla!
So, I know it's been like a good while since I've updated. Four short days after my last post, I started classes. I guess that's a good indicator of why I've been MIA. I guess you could say I've been a POW. :-)

Not a lot has gone on since last update. School has sucked most of my time. Between school, childcare, and church, August was especially busy. September has slowed a bit and become a tad more organized, but school.. oh man, what craziness!

I guess what I'd like to talk about tonight is the importance of staying in your Bible.

We all fall short of that goal to get up and read every morning before we start our day. I have. I have a lot actually. And, I'm feeling it. Without starting your day with Christ, it's as if you skip out on your spiritual Wheaties. How do I go through my day without having on the armor of God, without being equipped by the scriptures for spiritual readiness and warfare, and how do I go without the remembrance of God's holy love wrapped around my heart?

For me, I have to be reminded daily of how much I mean to God. Without His steady Spirit, calm voice, and firm guidance I am nothing. I am worth nothing to my colleagues, patients, and instructors. I have been experiencing difficulty sleeping, anxiety throughout my days, and a poor attitude about church. It's as if I've transformed into a different person entirely. Tonight, it finally hit me as to why I have been feeling like this. I have been relying on myself. I've become more independent than when I was with Convoy in the summer. Dependence on God and God alone is what allowed all the doors to open to me. I trusted Him, and He knew I trusted Him with everything I had. Now, however, I've resorted back to this thinking of I am in control.

A little update on me. Nothing too interesting. But, I've been meaning to update for a while.

Love you guys/Praying for you.
Kayla

No comments: