Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's been a whole 7 days...

...since being in another country! It's been one heck of a week. Adjusting to hot showers, US food, toilet paper, schedules, and my own bed has been awkward and rather difficult. I knew it would be different, but I never really thought it would be this hard.

I think one of the things that I am finding most difficult is the busy-ness of our society. I'm not frustrated at the wait in lines, or the many cars in the drive-thru. I don't get angry if someone doesn't understand what it is I'm saying, and I'm finding that more and more people aren't as interested in "how they do it in El Salvador is. . ." news. I have my own cell phone, on which I receive many texts and phone calls...which sometimes I'd prefer I didn't receive. :-) And, I'm less motivated to get up and go.

Life is a Mission's trip, and just because I'm not in El Salvador doesn't mean I don't do 24/7 ministry. So, encourage me to live here as I did there. It was simple, and not full of meaningless tasks. I didn't care if my clothes were wrinkled, and if my makeup looked perfect, or if my hair was frizzed. Not saying I want to look like a slob, but I also do not want to fit/conform back into my culture here. I don't.

I have a lot more thoughts running through my head, but I'm just ready to spend some much needed time with Jesus. So, goodbye technology for awhile, and hello simplicity.

-xoxo Kayla

No comments: