Friday, December 4, 2009

Pray for the nations.

Lord Jesus.
Thank you so much for who You are. Thank You for being gracious, merciful, and the lover of my brokenness. Thank you for all of the opportunities You have so delicately planned out before me. Thank you for loving me, Lord.
A long time ago, I gave you my life. And, I told you that I would do anything, go anywhere, be anyone for you. My whole life, Lord, is so yours. And, I'm completely content knowing that I gave it to the One who is in complete control of everything.
In this beautiful life You have given me, the one you chose specifically for me, the life that you put together so intricately, in the life that you designed... you gave me an authentic passion for the hurting. When I see the very ones that you created to live life to the fullest broken, bruised, battered, and forgotten, my heart literally cracks.
God, Your people are in pain, and I am crying out to you to send help to them. God, call up this generation of children. Give them hearts full of even more passion for Your treasures living on this earth. Your people. I pray that when people see photos of the hurting, homeless, and starved that they would fall to their knees in anguish, but rise again knowing they are to bring hope. It is our responsibility, and I pray that You pour out conviction on those that read these words. Draw people into serving the least of these, Lord. Shut every door and leave no room for the enemy to cause confusion.
I bring the missionaries before you. They have laid down their life to reach these people. They have sacrificed many things to bring hope to them. God, bless them. Protect them. Strengthen them. Cause their hearts to be full of hope and excitement. As they worship You in song, and in the Word, and in their daily life, shine down upon them. Give them what they ask for. Send along others to help them fulfill their needs. Give them dreams, visions, and desire for what is to come. Pour Your spirit down upon them, and let no evil thing come against them.
Thank You Lord for being a God of love, and one of faithfulness. I am nothing, absolutely nothing without You.
Amen

No comments: