Sunday, May 17, 2009

Letter to Self

I JUST came across perhaps one of the most greatest things I could have ever come across at this time in my life. It probably won't mean much to you, but then again, this blog is about my journey in life. And I want to do life with you. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. At my high school graduation party on 5/12/07, my precious Mom began a journal for me to write in. She was the first to write in it a one page letter just wishing me luck and sweet words. Then, the journal was passed around over the course of the party and church, and dear people wrote very encouraging words and blissful memories that I reflect upon once in a while. I myself have made a few entries, but I plan on making many more. The day's I am living in as God takes me on this crazy adventurous life of mine are one's that I always want in record. I want to never forget them.

I know myself pretty well, (obviously), and I know how easily I forget things that move my heart, and so as I was reading through all the entries, I came to the last one. I was bawling my eyes out because I just realize how much I am loved and I want to make sure my family knows that I LOVE them more than life can EVER breathe. I wish I could give them EVERYTHING. I seriously could NOT ever live without them. Well, knowing my own forgetfulness, on 4/21/08, I wrote myself a letter. I will type it the same way I wrote it and I hope you love this.

4/21/08
So, Kayla, How are you doing? I, Kayla (You), have decided to write a little recap of the things you have been through lately. Iknow ho you like to remember things, so I'm gonna try and help you out. #1, you are 3 1/2 weeks away from completing your first year in college. It has been tough, and with finals week approaching, it is only going to get togher. However, nursing school is right around the corner, and God has something fabulous in store for you! You talked to your Mom tonight and had a very pleasant conversation. You talked about the upcoming Silver Dollar City trip you and the family are taking on May 2. It's gonna be so much fun. Just remember to live lightly. You love your family. Remember and always trust them like you do love them! Because they do love you, too!
#2 For the past few weeks, God has really done anumber on you. He has convicted you of that habitual sin. (Rember which one I'm talkin' about?) You've done so good in controlling yourself and God is slowly perfecting you like He wants so desperately to do.
#3 The book "Captivating" by John + Stasi Eldredge has been helping you change your life by making you see how captivating and truly beautiful you are. God loves you and He's using many people around you to show it.
#4 John Linell at James River Assembly has helped open your eyes to how amazingly lovestruck a Pastor can be. He is anointed by God to share the gospel through teaching. "Lessons in Leadership" out of 2 Samuel has taught you many things. I.E. Ahithophel, who was on David's counsel, was the grandfather of Bathsheba. (I'm sure you haven't forgotten this, b/c it was pretty cool to learn.)
Kayla, I know how easy it is for you to become sidestruck from the truth. Your emotions run wild and at times, you understand nothing, but if you'll just pick up your Bible, God will speak to you. Don't ever give up on Him. After all, He's never given up on you. He has an incredible future for you and all you have to do is follow Him.
Be good Kayla,
Yourself
P.S. pick up the phone, call your family and tell them you love them. We don't know what the future holds. :)

The above is word for word, dot for dot and smiley face for smiley face what my journal says. Never did I know how true this letter would turn out.

Now I am 2 days from putting the finalizing touches on my 1st whole year of Nursing School. And God.... man, has He MOVED in my soul, heart, and body. I encourage you to sit and write a letter to yourself. More than likely, if you don't do this often, you will forget about it, and in a few years stumble across it and if you haven't changed, you know there are problems. :) No stagnant stinky water right here.

I love you guys. More to come tomorrow. Long post, I know!

Goodnight!

No comments: