Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It is Time...

... for me to get up.

For the past several weeks, I've been so stagnant. Like a puddle of water. All I've been good for is hording dirt and creepy creatures. No longer will I do this.

I got rid of my facebook so I could/would spend more time with Jesus and in the Bible. But, I've done quite the opposite. I haven't spent much time in the Word at all, and I haven't even prayed that much. What have I become? This isn't me. It just goes to prove that when you aren't daily walking and talking to Him all the time, distance just happens.

It's not like I've been out doing bad things, because I most assuredly haven't. It's just that I don't talk to Him. He isn't all I think about. And it's because I've neglected our relationship. "How could I do that? Why would I do that after all He's done...?" you may ask. And my response to that is just this, I'm human. I fail. I fall. But due to God's grace, I'm allowed to stand back up and my failures don't make him love me any less. (Thank you, Lord for your love.)

So here's what I am going to do. I need your prayers, desperately. I need your encouragement via e-mail, phone, text every single day. I need to be held accountable to the Word. I want to spend time each day in prayer before the day even starts. I want to be disciplined. Moreso than in my life ever before.

I've been busy planning things and trying to come up with ideas to raise money for the Mission Internship this summer. I'm still in the process of that, and we are implementing ideas. But, please pray that I can have the faith that God is in control of this. And, if the Lord doesn't want me to go on this trip, that I can deal with that. I have been blessed with amazing prayer warriors in my life, and I'm asking YOU to stand up and intercede for/with me. And, PLEASE keep me accountable.

It is time, dear friends, it is time. I can't wait any longer. I can't push this off any more. I'm totally broken right now in God's presence. I must move forward! No more TV, and no more music in place of time with the Lord. No more reading christian books to get 'by'. I want to be totally engrossed in the living Word of the Lord.

No comments: