Thursday, April 30, 2009

We love God by loving people.




So, I'm not big into posting pictures of myself. But, I know I have grandparents and my parents read this blog, and being as I haven't been home in 7 weeks, I wanted to remind them of what I look like.

Walk with God. I am currently listening to this Wednesday night's sermon. I skipped it. I know, I'm ridiculous. I was tired, but truth is, church and fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ truly strengthens me. I don't know why I didn't go. You can bet I won't skip again. :)

Matt Wilkie e-mailed me today to tell me how much money had come in for the mission internship for this summer. New Orleans and El Salvador... just saying the cities makes my lips tingle. I LOVE people. The trip is a total of 3,100 dollars. I know, it's a lot. And, to this date, I have 550 dollars. That's a LOT of money, huh? $550! People's generosity has overwhelmed me. I am so amazed.

Here's the deal, by Monday, May 4th, I am supposed to have $1500 toward the trip. That's in 4 days. Now, I know that God is totally in control of this. I also know that if this is meant to be, God WILL provide. If He does not, then He just doesn't, and all of the donations go toward Convoy of Hope's continuing ministry. It's not that the money just goes to waste, let me assure you of that.

If you just happen to be reading this, please pray for this situation. Please. I feel that God can use me in this internship. Pray to see if you may have a part in this, as well. It would mean so much to me. But beyond this, the children, and families of New Orleans and Central America need help. They need my help. They need your help. I truly believe God has a special blessing for those who commit to fervent prayer and financial support for something as this.

Anyway, I didn't set out to write a blog about Missions and giving... but, maybe I was supposed to.

Love you.

No comments: