Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I love bad food.

I do... If it has excess sugar, lots of carbs, and chemical additives my taste buds seem satisfied. But my body hates it. After consuming these terrible foods, my stomach hurts, I'm tired, and completely energy-less. It's only after I eat healthy, exercise at least 30 minutes a day, and get adequate rest can I do all that I need to do. I didn't realize how bad I felt until I began to make better choices. Granted, I still don't eat the maximum BEST, but who does 100% of the time? Not many people. Props to you who do.

Anyway, not that this is some brainiac epiphony, but sin works just the same way. At the Song of Solomon conference I learned about sins of commission and sins of omission. Commission-a deliberate act, something you do physically. Omission-abstract sins; i.e. thoughts, beliefs, motives, even if they are unseen/unheard. Many of my committed sins fall under the category of omission. I don't do many, if any, deliberate physical actions of sin. I'm not acting in premarital sexual activity, I don't yell at my family, I DO what is right in the eyes of the Lord I would say at least 98% of the time. But when it comes down to my thoughts...hmmm. I worry, I fret, I have thoughts of anger and hatred toward situations, I long for marriage and relationships, so much that I tend to dwell on it. And, I doubt. I have issues with pride, too. All of these things take individual laying before the Lord.

When you compare the bad food to the sins, the effects are much the same. Sin leads to a soul emptiness, and being tired all the time. It literally, for me, has physical effects. But when I spend more time with the Lord, I increasingly become better at controlling my thoughts.

Anyway, I've got some things to do, so I may attack this concept later.
~Loves~

No comments: