Thursday, April 2, 2009

Okay, I will go!

It's official. I received my final approval from Assembly of God Headquarters for the MAPS assignment. Finally! It felt like it took forever. But, it really didn't. :) I am just simply impatient. I got mostly all of my support letters mailed out a few days ago. I still have a few that I am simply unable to find addresses for. I sent out close to fifty newsletters. I prayed over them, too. I guess there will always be a bit of doubt that plagues us. But, I'm realizing that God's blessings are so NOT dependent upon my actions. If that was the case, I would have so little. Because I am only human. God's grace abounds in every facet of my life. He also is continually giving me wider eyes and longer arms to see and reach out to the poor, hopeless, sick, and lonely.

On another note, the Lord has abundantly blessed me with some amazing people in my life. The Moores, (Ryan, Laci, Lynzi, and Asher), who I talk to frequently and see often. They have introduced me to another family James and Rachel Courter and their 3 kids. I haven't met them in person... YET! :) They sent out a newsletter to their prayer partners today and gave an update as to what is going on. Boy, have they got the exact same mindset I do for the precious country of Haiti. My heart is so burdened for the country. But, I feel God is about to explode their. I cannot wait to be a part of it. Who knows how I will get there to do work. But, I'm not called to question. I'm called to go. Go and serve! Doesn't that sound absolutely invigorating? It sure does to me! I, Kayla, am called to GO.

As a word of encouragement/advice, if the Lord is calling you to do something, do not hesitate in answering the call. Pastor John gave us this word; "Delay dulls the sword of the spirit." In other words, the more you push it off, the less convicted you feel about the issue. It may not be 'spiritual' either. Your calling may be to spend more time with your kids, husband, wife. It could be to spend less time with your boyfriend and more time working on yourself. It could be that God is calling you to get healthier in body. (I know He is me!)

And on that word, I think I'm gonna go and hit the gym. Haven't gone yet. Pray that my neck and right shoulder heal quickly. I pulled some muscle that is affecting the entire site! No lie, it hurts pretty bad. I'm hoping that elliptical goes easy on me tonight. (no such luck...)

Later amigos!

Check out and support:
www.ryanandlacimoore.com

www.ryanandlaci.blogspot.com

www.arisehaiti.com

No comments: