Friday, March 27, 2009

I am an Instrument

I'm sitting at home listening to this new song by a new artist named Sarah Reeves. The song title is Sweet Sweet Sound. It is amazing... It makes me miss writing my music.

I got out of the habit quickly after I graduated high school. I play piano, clarinet, and guitar. I guess I play clarinet the best out of the three, but I can't exactly write and sing along to the clarinet, huh? lol.

The first few lyrics to Sarah's song are:

"I am an instrument of a living God, My life a melody to His name, More than the songs I sing, Worship is everything, I live to glorify my King."

Beautiful, huh? One of my BIGGEST passions in life is song and music. When God called me 'out' of that, I was absolutely devastated. I asked for a passion for nursing, and one that was just as great as my passion of music, songwriting, and singing. Then, I abandoned my love and heart for music. The first thing I used to talk about with someone was worship! They asked something about me, and it was "I sing!" Haha :) This girl and her voice and her passion that I can feel just listening to her music has reminded me of my love for it.

I know that the Lord has called me into Missions, but who am I to think He called me OUT of Song? After all, some of the biggest battles in the Bible were won through a cry of song! Worship is POWERFUL. And I miss the burning passion in my soul for it. I have become so complacent lately. My line of thoughts go something like the following, Who am I to be needed?, How can I make a difference? God can't use me in the music ministry. I should just give up my love of worship. How WRONG am I, folks? First of all, every single one of those statements have the word I in them. It is not I that does anything good. Not in missions, nursing, devotions, small group, or song.. It is the King!

The devil is trying to get at me from every angle. Doubt has crept in my heart and mind, along with fear of failure. The anger and bitterness from past dealings has also somehow made another residence in my heart. I know all of this is because somewhere soon down my journey is something amazing the Lord has in store for me.

Please keep me in your prayers. I need the passion to return!
I love ya'll!

No comments: