Tuesday, March 17, 2009

3/17/09

Hey BlOg!
It's fine time I give a real update. No more of this half-hearted stuff going on. :) So, what has happened! Whew!
I am in the process of finalizing a few things with Assembly of God headquarters in order to get on board with Convoy of Hope for the trip to El Salvador. Mission! Yes! I have begun to get over being nauseas with saying the word missionary. Somehow even though I was excited, I was seriously scared to death. It's such a big step, ya know? So many people get so caught up in the american dream. They feel like they have to live comfortably and never want or need for anything. But, how much are we relying on God if that is the way we live. I think the christian faith has been strengthened for some during this economic turmoil we are experiencing in the United States. Honestly, this is exactly what has needed to happen. God is really wondering who is fully relying and trusting in HIM to provide for them. He is, after all, our ultimate provider and healer. Why do we look elsewhere for such peace and provision?

I'm stepping out on a huge block of faith. I know that I will be rewarded for it. I am honestly putting aside comfort and safety of this world to gain the comfort and safety from our heavenly realm. I am not going to worry about finances. God blesses abundantly those who do the work He has laid out before them. So, as long as I'm doing that I have absolutely NOTHING to worry about, right? Right! (if you were unsure of the answer) We have SO much waiting for us. I want everything that the Lord has for me. I don't want to get to Heaven and find out of all the blessings and plans He had for me. I want to take this portion of eternity, of which our lives on earth hold about 2/3 of a second, and do something HUGE for God. I am driven. I am stoked. I am ready. I want to train and learn and gain more than I ever thought I could.

I could go on and on about this for a while, but I'll save it for later. However, one more thing before I go. I watched Slumdog Millionaire the other night. One heck of a good movie. It opened my eyes to the terrors of poverty. I have no idea why the Lord chose to put me in America to enjoy the comfort. We are such a rich nation. We give a lot, but we could give so much more. Why do we HAVE to be comfortable? No lie, it's nice to sleep in my comfortable bed with thick blankets and heat and air conditioning with a TV in every room of the apartment and a kitchen with an electric dishwasher and whatnot, but seriously?? do I need those things? Absolutely not. Thank the Lord I have been blessed with them! But, when I see the slums of India I have to question why I am not doing more. I can't wait to live a life of service to God's children!!

Love you blog readers!

No comments: