Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rally time!

Last night... God is so huge. I cannot wait for this lifetime that awaits me. It's so frightening, but absolutely invigorating! It's hard to just relax and wait on God's timing. I still have over a year to go before I graduate from Nursing school. Like anyone feels after hearing a bit of God's plan, I want this NOW. But, I know how important it is to just be patient and still, waiting on the Lord.

At the JRW rally last night, they reintroduced the country of Haiti to the women of James River and others. 200 children were available for sponsorship. I don't know as of right now if all 200 were sponsored, but I do know that many were. When Pastor Debbie began to speak of the country again, I began to cry. Then, they showed a short video which was the same one shown during Designed for Life women's conference. My friends, I was absolutely bawling. I cried and cried. I was praying and praying that the Lord would continue to raise up leaders in this country so that many will be come to know the life changing power of Jesus Christ. My heart cries out for this country that I have never even been to. I love Jesus. I love people. I can't wait for Haiti. I can simply not wait. Please pray I get to go soon. My heart may burst if I don't get to go soon.

As far as the Convoy of Hope internship to El Salvador goes, it is going well! I will call the center sometime in the next two weeks to see if I have gained any sponsors. And to see how close I am to my monetary goal. I am believing in this. I feel God has this set before me for a divine purpose.

Also, please be praying. I'm in the midst of needing to make so many decisions. I am a terrible decision maker. I think I may just dwell on all of the possibilities too often. However, I know that my God is in control. I know that He guides my every step. He sees what obstacles are ahead and He makes all the detours or demolishes the obstacle Himself. I know this. I've seen it work in my own life as well as others.

Love you so much.

Check out www.jamesriver.org

No comments: