Thursday, April 16, 2009

Truth

I had an excellent morning devotion this morning. I thought that because of the last post, this would be a wonderful thing to share. It is in my morning devotion book called "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. It says:

"I am calling you to a life of thankfulness. I want all your moments to be punctuated with thanksgiving. The basis for your gratitude is My sovereignty. I am the Creator and Controller of the universe. Heaven and earth are filled with My glorious Presence.

When you criticize or complain, you are acting as if you think you could run the world better than I do. From your limited human perspective, it may look as if I'm mismanaging things. But you don't know what I know or see what I see. If I pulled back the curtain to allow you to view heavenly realms, you would understand much more. However, I have designed you to walk by faith, not by sight. I lovingly shield you from knowing the future of seeing into the spirit world. Acknowledge My sovereignty by giving thanks in all circumstances."

Pretty intense, right?

Lord Jesus, Thank You so much for going before me in all that I do. Your hand of favor rests on my head because of the righteous who have lived before me. Thank You for Your wonderful Presence that abounds on my heart. You go with me. You walk beside me. You have carried me many times. I know that You know all things. I also thank you for protecting me from the things unseen and the unknown. I have no reason to worry. I have no reason to fear. I will praise You in all circumstances. For through the truth I will feel. I will not see my feelings through my circumstances. I will live by what Your Word says. For Faith is being sure of what I hope for, and certain of what I do not see. I know that this trip has been set before me for a divine reason. I am hoping with all I am that I can go and minister. And I am certain that you will provide. I love you Lord. Amen

No comments: