Monday, January 11, 2010

Fasting Day #1

A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine updated her twitter status with a link that lead me to a site from Jentezen Franklin. For a long time, he has encouraged others to join with him in a fast at the beginning of the year to simply start out right. I have never fasted from really anything before. To be honest, that fact is quite embarrassing, but if I never start, that's way worse.

My life the past 2 weeks have been crazy. I'm just sayin'. One particular day while at home, I decided to literally POUR myself into the Word of the Lord. And that one particular day was the worst day of my winter break from school. Two things. One: Sometimes I don't know when to just let things go. and Two: Satan hates that I want to give more of myself to the Lord.

Yesterday should have been the first day of the fast, but I just couldn't decide what to fast. Food wasn't really an option because of some problems I have with my blood sugar dropping, and that I am on a specific diet program so cutting out soda's and sweets are already something I do. So I knew it needed to be something that I spend a majority of my time with. My friend that I'm doing this with text me and let me know that she decided to fast facebook. Immediately I was convicted with the thought that I, too, spend an unruly amount of time on the popular site. I knew almost instantly that I needed to fast this. Thanks to Lindsay, the Lord used her to help me find where my priorities lie. Because I didn't begin yesterday, I began today.

Here are a few of the reasons I am fasting for 21 days.
1. I am set on seeking God with ALL that I am.
2. I want to restore intimate, consistent, life-changing connection with the Lord.
3. There are people in my life that need the Lord.
4. The coming year there will be many life-altering decisions I will make.
5. I long to be close to the Maker of our universe.

Well, I hope you will join me in doing something to bring yourself closer to God. He is amazing! Follow me while I'm on this journey. God WILL move.

No comments: