Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Prayer for Haiti

I am praying, and currently am rather speechless aside from prayers. I would like to be more informative with this blog update, but right now, I just want to pray. And I need you to join me in praying.

God, You are not taken by surprise at this tragic situation that has rocked the country of Haiti, and drawn the hearts of the entire world. We know that ALL things happen for a reason. Your Word says that You protect those who serve You. I am asking You right now to protect every single soul that is in the country of Haiti and city of Port-au-Prince even moreso. Put a hedge of protection around every single individual. Bring quick, intelligible, effective aid to those who are injured and remove any hindering forces from their way. God, protect those that are bringing aid right now as I type this blog. There will be incredible unrest, anxiety, and fear ravaging the country. But, Your strength and protection I pray to be upon relief organizations and medical teams as they begin to flood the country. Provide all the necessities as needed.

I ask Lord, that You would shower Your peace upon the nation. That Your Name would be proclaimed in the midst of tragedy, and that those who follow You will rely on You and not turn away. I ask on behalf of those who do not yet know You, that You would lavish Your mercies and grace upon them. That You would pour forth Your peace upon them, too. God, You are so big. So capable. So strong. Let all the nations witness this. Let the whole world be moved by the tragedy in Haiti. Let this be a time for those to rise up and chase the vision You've laid in their hearts. You know You have me.
Amen

No comments: