Tuesday, May 1, 2012

He Fights

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." (Exodus 14:14 NIV)

There is not a desire or strength within me to fight. Not for belief in Him, not for my friends, not for my family, not for love. I take breaths, and I blink my eyes. Proof of life, but not a lot of it.

Yesterday, my cousin posted that scripture on her [Facebook] status.

Relieved.

Though I cannot seem to choose all that I know needs chosen, if my God is who He says He is, He will fight for me. He will be strength when I am lifeless. He will be joy when I cling to cynicism. He will be peace when panic fills my chest.

He.
will.
fight.
for.
me.

He is fighting for me.


...and I choose to let Him fight.

3 comments:

Donna said...

So grateful that we serve a God like that! He knows we get weary but He never does. He will fight for us and He NEVER loses!!

Dawn said...

Sometimes you don't see victory coming in the middle of the fray.

Unknown said...

His words on our behalf are so much better than our words on His behalf.

When getting into an argument, one begins to forget to have thoughts before the words begin forming in the mouth. The words that are then spoken become the opposite of what they're meant to be. They can become hurtful, accusing or even offensive.

I praise God that he fights for me & I need only be still. What a beautiful scripture. Words fail me, but God's words are always words of fulfillment & completion. He is good.