Sunday, February 22, 2009

Come and See, and you will know!

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. . ." Isaiah 43:1-3

What a passage of scripture. The whole chapter is rather amazing, but I especially look unto the first few verses. God brought this to my attention a few weeks ago when I was dealing with some fear and anxiety regarding a few issues. My dad is still technically jobless. Never did I think my family would go through this again, but we are here. And, again, a peace that surpasses all understanding still accompanies us. How good is our God? I will never know even half of His magnificent glory. Selah

I wanted to share a few things that the Lord has done for me lately. I have a journal that I keep of simple blessings and thanks to the Lord. I write down what God has done for me in it. Answered prayer requests, divine appointments with others, and sometimes just to thank Him for the air that I breathe and the sun that I see. I went through a period of time that I did not write anything in it for about a month, and then I realized that I was missing something. Then, God reminded me of the book. At one time, I was looking back through it just reading what it has been that God has done. And, quite frankly, I was deeply moved. God is bigger than everything I can even think to compare Him too. His blessings are deep and vast and HE is unchanging. Oh, how I love Him so much. So, here are the things that the Lord has blessed me with in the past few weeks. Get ready to be amazed. I'll type it just as I wrote it. Maybe it will feel more 'real.' Because, some of these things are just unbelievable.

-------------------
2.19.09
Lord, How on earth have I not thanked You in my journal lately? So much has happened.
-You gave me an awesome friend in Stephanie Fossand who goes to war on the enemy anytime I need her to.
-You introduced me to Olivia DeVizia.
-You have given me an opportunity to share my story with Casey Gibbons.
-You touched Lindsey's heart and you continue to after much prayer.
-You introduced me to Brad & Karen at JRA.
-You gave me another place to live if anything ever happens with where I am.
-You allowed me to bless You and another friend by giving monetarily.
-You have helped me develop a good friendship with Casey T.
-You got my Dad through school and will provide him with a job.
-You helped me lose 7 pounds! :)
-You've helped me develop a friendship relationship with my Mom after years of disharmony.
-YOU aced my first nursing test for this semester.
-You help me breathe and live victoriously.
I know- that you did many more things for me, my friends, and my family. I just LOVE you so much!!
-Oh yeah! You've helped me combat an addiction and I will never forget Your help to do so.
---------------------------------

Isn't God just great?! I've learned through a book, "Lady In Waiting", that:
"Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them."
"In fact, the greater the irritation, the more valuable the pearl."
"God is using the sands of singleness to make you perfect and complete."
"You may see an ugly shell, but God sees the beauty He is creating in you."
"As you set your attention on developing godly character, Christ will change you into the beautiful princess He created you to be."
"Envy often results from comparing yourself to others or from an ungrateful heart."

These quotes have changed the way I view myself. Sure, I have some areas to work on physically to become a more overall healthy together, but the Lord has shown me that the way HE views me is and always will be the SAME. That is, His princess. And, for the past week that I've been living in that truth, I look at men differently. I am no longer searching for 'him.' I'm just waiting. I'm doing all that God is asking of me right now. And I'm being patient on my 'prince' and praying that he is patiently waiting for me, too.

This blog has hit so many different areas of what has been going on in my heart recently. I haven't even touched on Haiti or all that God has brought to my attention from THAT area of bliss! That deserves a complete day to itself.

I love you guys!

No comments: