Saturday, February 28, 2009

Are you kidding me?

WOW, the Lord has done SO much for me lately. I do not even know where to start. If you've been reading you know about the divine encounter I had with the Moore family on Sunday night. Then, on Tuesday night I had my Life Group girls over for our first girl's night! It went off without a hitch. It was fantastic and I made new sisters. We talked about my feeling to go on a mission trip this summer. And they shared their testimonies about how God had always pulled everything off miraculously for them. Which, got me thinking about the possibility of this summer. On Wednesday morning, I woke up and decided to take another look at the AG mission's webpage. I had seen the internship before, but on wednesday morning I had fresh eyes and chose to dig a bit deeper on what it entailed. From Convoy of Hope, I learned about the internship that was going to central America this summer for 6 weeks. Could I do something like this? The thought crossed my mind more than once. I began to add up the dates and look at the calendar. What about money? I couldn't work. . . But, in the end, I decided to send in for more information. Then I hit the shower.

No lie, 20-30 minutes after I sent in that informational email, Matt Wilkie gives me a call. He is a part of coordinating the internships for Convoy of Hope. He told me more about the program and I got to share a bit about myself and what God was calling me into. He seemed really excited about all the God was doing. (Who wouldn't be?) And gave me encouragement and told me the next steps I needed to begin taking. Such things as, working on my passport, sending out the support letters, and whatnot. I know a goal of mine would be to build a prayer team for the people I would be ministering to. So that the favor of God is upon them and me before I even talk to them!

I began to think deeply about it all day long. I was getting emails left and right from so many different people, and I just was overwhelmed with how it seemed to be working in my favor so quickly. Within 4 hours of even considering the trip, I gained a sponsor for it! If that's not God I don't know what is! So I kept trying to stay calm and not get too excited about it. I still hadn't talked to my Mom or Dad, and I desperately wanted their opinion. I couldn't get ahold of them until Wednesday night at 9:00!

Because it was Wednesday, I had church at 7:00 pm. I almost didn't go, because all I wanted to do was work on details. My time is so limited, but then I realized that GOD is the ENTIRE reason I was getting this chance! So, of course, I went rejoicing the entire time. During church, God orchestrated every minute. From the music in the beginning, to the small group prayer, to the sermon, and then the AFTER service chat I had with some wonderful people! They , (Are you ready for this?? ) are medical missionaries. They have done the medical trips there entire life. And the meeting was just so divine. I was in tears. (It doesn't take anything for me to become emotional these days.) One of the ladies gave me her name and number on a piece of paper. She said to give her a call and we would chat sometime. She said, "Besides, I've been known to help people out who want to go." (Are you serious???) And then, the younger woman shared some amazing testimonies about her journey in medical missions. I mean, people... GOD IS SO GOOD.

I am extremely blessed.

Then, I met with Laci Moore (who I met sunday night) on Thursday. She has friends that are medical missionaries in Haiti. They just moved there in February of this year. I added them on Facebook, and messaged them. She messaged back this morning and told me that they would help me out in any way they could, and would be praying for my journey I am about to embark on with my life in Haiti.

Please Please Please keep me in your prayers. I need it. Believe me, I am praying and seeking too!!!! I am amazed at what the Lord continues to do. I love Him so much...

No comments: