Sunday, February 22, 2009

A 'Son'-filled day

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!!!

God is AMAZING. First off, church this morning was amazing. I even came back home to write a bit of a blog earlier today just to catch up with all that has happened in my life. After church this afternoon, I did my blog and then I spent several hours studying for my Old Testament Exam that is on Tuesday evening. I spent the whole day in my room on my bed with my computer and my radio playing. I didn't watch any TV, and I had spent all afternoon studying in my OT book and my Bible, so I felt like I had spent all day with God. And, in all actuality, I did spend all that time with God. Which felt great. I had such a good time relaxing and stuff, that I really contemplated going to evening church. But, I realized that if I didn't go to church tonight, I would probably regret it tomorrow. So, I went.

No one else was going, and it is such a big church that I feel awkward going when I'm all alone. But, I did anyway. A couple came in and sat beside me during the song service, and we greeted one another and then sat down and soaked in the sermon. During the service, I noticed that she pulled a 'Connection card' out of the back of the seat. That is the card that people fill out when they are newcomers. So, I decided then that I would talk to them after church and find out if they were first timers. After Pastor Curt let the service out, I turned and asked them if they were regular attenders to JRA. They told me that today was their first sunday. I asked if they enjoyed it and they said they had. Then they said that they had just moved up here from Texas. And I have family in TX and they only lived about 1 hour from where they live. It was neat to find that COMMON GROUND that I so frequently talk about and how it is so important.

After that I asked them what brought them to Missouri from TX. They then said that they were missionaries and that this was where they were going to be 'stationed.' I know that my face took on a whole new expression because I just lit up inside and I was like, "Oh man, I am SO privileged to meet you guys." They then asked me what I was doing. And I was like, I am planning on going into missions myself, medical missions. And it just opened this HUGE door of conversation. They lit up and we just had this amazing conversation. They asked me if I was looking into MA, MAPS, or CM, and I was like, well it's really a work in the making. But, God is leading me to Haiti to work as a medical missionary.. like career missionary work. And their faces got even bigger. They have a couple friend that are in Canada doing a bit more training and they are going to be MEDICAL MISSIONARIES IN THE COUNTRY OF HAITI. And they want to help me get connected with them. No lie, tears just filled my eyes and I was just almost speechless. I'm sure I came acros a bit dumbfounded and I was just in awe. Like, God has put such divine appointments in my life and they happen so often.

They showed such care and interest in my life. A person they met and talked to for a solid 5 minutes. How good is our God?! I get to more than likely meet a couple that are going Haiti in ONE year and in ONE year I will have my RN degree... ah! Amazing! Praise the Lord!

No comments: