Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tid Bits of Life

It’s amazing that a simple item can show a commonality between two people. I went to the early service at church this morning, and stopped by the coffee shop in the atrium to grab a hot macchiato. While ordering, the cashier politely interrupted me by saying, “I love your necklace. It’s Premier, right?” She was referring to the individually owned Premier Design, Inc. It is a company that is similar to Mary Kay and other individually owned small businesses to give people a chance to build a small career and grab a few extra dollars. I responded with an even bigger grin, “Yes! In fact, it is! So you are familiar with Premier?” Throughout the rest of the 45 second conversation, I felt real with her. I did not ask her name. But somehow it didn’t matter. I know that we will remember one another the next time I come to grab some coffee. I wonder how many other small items can serve as the ice breaker. Next time you go out, keep an open mind. Look for the minor things you may have in common with another person. It might just bless your day. More importantly, you could be used to bless someone else. :)

No comments: