Monday, March 12, 2012

grasping at pleasure

Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the LORD and he will give you your heart's desires.

take: to hold, grasp, or grip.
delight: something that gives great pleasure.

"Grasp something that gives great pleasure...from Him."

is He trying to give me a gift?

coming off of my birthday week high, i've received more gifts than are countable. despite feeling super loved, i have a extremely high level of anxiety in my soul. at first, i thought it was the wine...or the sangria.

i'm still trying to figure out my heart's desire. that proverbial question, "what do you want?" i wish i could answer it. but, the truth is that i truly do not know what i want.

what strikes me about this verse is that before He even gives the desires of the heart, He requests me to take delight in Him. not gonna lie, that's been kinda hard lately. not because i feel like He's screwed me over or something... just because i simply find that i don't desire Him. i need to know why i'm feeling those feelings, though.

so i can fix it. so i can make it better.

if He is wanting to give me something of pleasure to grasp onto, what is it? what does it look like?

is He as pleasurable as you say?

No comments: