Monday, April 16, 2012

to be certain

To be certain of just one thing I wish I could be.

To have that one truth that doubt cannot creep in on.

I know who God is. But, I'm not so certain He is my truth.

How can a God as big as He is, not be so finite with a future for me?

God as omniscient as He is, He stunts me.

God restrains me. He must. Otherwise...

...I could figure out who I am supposed to be. I promise; whatever it is, I will be it well. nurse, musician, missionary, wife, mommy, doctor, manager. I can do it. please, just tell me, what.is.it.? and please, don't make me be a nurse forever. God knows I hate it so.

I understand it's impossible, but I feel like He's lied to me. Is all this uncertainty truly plans to prosper me, to give me hope and a future? (Jeremiah 29:11). Is all this questioning truly instructing me in the way of wisdom and leading me along straight paths? (Proverbs 4:11). If what the Word says is true, why isn't He doing it?

Psalm 27:14 says, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." 

Pardon? Wait for what?

1 comment:

Todd Sukany said...

Kayla...is it possible you are asking the wrong question? rest a moment and ask Him what question you should ask Him.