Wednesday, April 4, 2012

...you should choose Him

This time last year, I remember.

I remember because I was so excited about this coming Sunday. Resurrection Sunday, they call it. Easter. The excitement in my soul was invigorating. I cried reflecting on His sacrifice Good Friday, but knew that joy came riding in on Sunday morning.


Everyone around me knew that Easter was coming. I couldn't keep quiet about it. I text messaged friends, I Facebook status-ed it, and I talked nonstop about it at work. The day I celebrated most. My favorite "holiday"...even topping Christmas. He was born on Christmas, but I celebrate being SAVED on Easter.

Tonight during service, I remembered last year. Which enabled me to compare that excitement to the melancholy this week.

They prayed for unsaved people tonight. That loved ones would come to know Him as their Savior on Sunday. That many people would come to church on Sunday and hear the Good News.

I prayed. I did. It felt unnatural. But I prayed for you who have never experienced Him. That you would. Test it for yourself.

Because I know what life is like with Him and without Him. It is somewhat less complicated with Him. Despite my current thoughts on some issues, I know that you would be better off with Him. Saved, actually...and loved by Him.

This year is different for me, but regardless of where my heart lies right now, you should choose Him.

1 comment:

The Thatchers said...

So should you, Love :)