Sunday, June 7, 2009

11 days=264 hours..

It's hard to believe it's so close.

I've gone through all sorts of emotions ranging from "I don't think I can be gone that long" to "I can't wait til I leave!" When in all truth, I'll be spending approximately 11 days here in Springfield to train and connect with all those that I'll be spending 6 weeks of my summer with! It kind of makes my stomach swirl and get all blagh inside. My heart pounds a little harder, and I can feel the pulse in my forehead. I've never flown before, and I have never been out of the country. (Canada doesn't count.) After our training time, we will spend a time in New Orleans and work all July 4th and put on the biggest outreach Convoy of Hope has done in the city! Then on July 5th, we will be on our way for a several week adventure in El Salvador! Can you believe it? I cannot.

I am amazed by all of the faith that people have in me. You definitely seem to have more in me than I think I have in myself. You have been incredible. To just name a few, my parents, grandparents, and extended family, Brenda Jo and the rest of her clan, my Lifegroup, Casey, and FGBC! Big shout out to all of you and the rest of everyone else who has instilled into me a hard work ethic, and trust in the Lord!

I'm 20 years old. I'm ready to begin my life. I know I still have one year of school left, and no doubt I am living. At 21 years of age, I will be a registered Nurse. That's pretty dang cool! I will have my first degree at 21 years old! If I knew of anyone else that did something so amazing (which I know there are!), I would be in awe of their accomplishment! And, to think, I am doing that!!

I don't know what God has in store for me on this trip. I don't know who I'm going to meet, what I'm going to see, how things are going to work, or even specifically where I am going. But I do know one thing; God is sending me.

If nothing else, I have learned the sovereignty of my God through this experience thus far. I have seen Him perform a miracle in fundraising. I have felt His peace in my heart, strength for my emotions, and His hand has been placed upon my head. I have felt like His daughter. Truly, I have felt as if He is watching me as I learn to walk in this life He has given me; Just as I did when I was 9 mos. old learning to take my first steps. When I compare the two, I realize just how much of this journey with the Lord I have left! It is so uplifting, englightening, and encouraging.

Please keep up with me as I travel on this 6 week journey. Place my name on your refrigerator, and go before the Lord each day as you eat! :)

Pray for:
Protection
Health
Patience
Strength (physical and emotional)
My Family at home
New Orleans residents
El 'Salvadorians'

xoxo

No comments: