Monday, June 22, 2009

Welcome Summer!!

No kidding, I was prepared to deal with heat in El Salvador and New Orleans; But, not here in SpRiNgFiElD! It is HOT, huh? Our air conditioner broke in the intern house yesterday. The inside thermometer registered 90 degrees. When I went to bed past midnight it still showed 89 degrees. We were one HOT bunch of people. I woke up several times sweating. This morning when I woke up (I slept in my underwears) my pillow was drenched in sweat. nAsTy, I know! Not only was the air conditioner broke, but the stove and the oven were also out of commission. Cooking for 18 people was NOT an easy thing and we all pitched in to help the cooks pull it off. Then this morning, one of the interns, Jill, noticed that the ceiling fan was on the Winter setting all night last night. So all that hot air just kept circulating. YUCK! Lol!

So, I didn't update yesterday and i'm sure I won't update tomorrow. We are spending a 12+ hour day at Convoy of Hope in training all day and then working with the volunteer program Hands of Hope! I am excited! It will be one day I will remember, certainly.

Today was Monday. I got up at 7:0oam and got dressed. After that I ate a pop tart. (like the play-by-play yet? lol) Then I loaded up in the van and headed to Convoy of Hope where I started the day spending a solid 30 minutes with Jesus. (it was Amazing!) Then, we began our training time. We had a great speaker for our group devotions, and after the training we ate lunch together, and trained more after. Did a lot of brainstorming ideas.

We're going to be focusing on enhancing the wholistic health of kids, youth, and adults. Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual health. Our group is mainly focusing on the Adults. I brought up teaching the local people how to plant seeds and provide healthy meals for their family themselves. I am hoping we will be able to. Of course, providing them with many seeds for gardens and whatnot.

Anyway, I have alot more to type about, but I really want my effort to be poured into my journal and I haven't written for two days. So I'm going to become much more focused on it the next few days.
Love you guys!!
xoxo

No comments: