Sunday, June 21, 2009

From the Intern House

Hey family! Greetings from the intern house in Springfield! Yep, I'm still here. I won't leave until July 1st for New Orleans. We are driving a 15 passenger van down there. Then we will do work until July 5th, and leave for El Salvador on July 5th! It's a 6.5 hour flight. (ooo, flying. . .)

So anyway, I wanted to give a quick update as to what we are doing. When I got here Thursday, we met everyone and ate pretty chinese food from a place in town. Apparently, Springfield Chinese is a pretty widely known thing. It's where Springfield Cashew Chicken originated. The New York Times did a whole story on Springfield Chinese not too long ago. Completely unknown to me! :) For the sake of prayer, here are the names of the interns. (Me), Erin, Stephanie, Morgan, Nici, Leah, Jill, Victoria, Kelly, and our female leader Shannon. Three guys are going named Matt (the leader), Chase, and Levi. Each intern is just simply amazing. Coming from all the way up in Northern California to the panhandle of Florida we make up a team of 13. I am in awe of the team God has put together. Our testimony night is coming up. Or should I say testimony DAY. I cannot wait for this day!

On thursday we met and greeted, on Friday it was our first 24 hours together and we spent the day at Convoy of Hope in a training time. More it was devotional and 'rules.' We also went over a few of the details of what we will be doing. We're going to 3 different villages-very cool. More to come on that later. On Saturday (yesterday), we had a training session here at the house and then we went out to lunch together to Taco Bell and then Matt gave everyone a tour of Springfield. Neat stuff-even I didn't know 1/2 of the history he gave! awesome stuff!

The plan for today is to go to James River. We are leaving in 20 minutes for the church. I'm excited to go to my church one more time before we leave. Man, I love this church so much. What amazing people!! And what a privilege to get to show the team around and 'brag' a little about what God has done in the church!

I love you all! xoxo

1 comment:

Laci said...

excited for you kayla girl!!! we went to the 8:30 service this morning...wish i could have seen ya! have so much fun and enjoy every moment that God gives you on this trip. praying for you.