Monday, June 1, 2009

Miracle

Here's the scoop my friends,

My last post was a slight update as to what this past Saturday and Sunday was going to hold for me. I asked all that read to be in fervent prayer for the weekend and I am positive that you were! My family and friends pulled out all stops and worked very hard to raise money for this Convoy of Hope internship that God called me to for this summer.

My goal for the weekend was $800. Without making this amount of money, there was no possible way I would be able to go on this mission trip to New Orleans and El Salvador. I was feeling like there would be a real possibility that I would have to prepare myself for a letdown. I was holding a carwash/bakesale on Saturday and a church dinner on Sunday. Donations only for the carwash and dinner. And, of course, we priced the bakesale items. I needed to make $400/event. Weeellll....

On Saturday, we washed like 7 cars. And although we had tons of baked goods, I really didn't think we could make 400 dollars off of it. My Mom and a good family friend, Brenda Jo, manned the bakesale with the occasional help of us carwashers. After the 5 hour day, we went home to BBQ together. I didn't know how much we had made, because they said they would tell me later. Right before dinner, they told me the total came to not 400 dollars, but a whopping $500!! I was AMAZED. I thought to myself, If I could just make 300 dollars at the church dinner, I will have the 800!!

I prayed continuously for these two events for about 2 weeks before they were to take place, and after the bake sale, I prayed even harder for the church dinner that was happening the next day. I prayed specifically this prayer over and over:
God, I have seen you do amazing things at James River. I know how You work. You perform miracles and have provided in supernatural ways. I know You can do above and beyond what I need. I ask You, Lord, to do what You can do to allow me to serve Your people on this Convoy internship. Amen

Sunday night there weren't many people at the church. I'd say top 40 or so. And 18 of them were my family. I was feeling a tad embarrassed. I mean, this service was devoted to raising money to send me to New Orleans and El Sal. But, not many people came. Again, I was limiting the Lord's capability of performing His best. I went ahead and talked just the same as if there would have been 500 people there. (With the same nervous, shaky voice.) It lasted a whole five minutes. After I talked, we started singing. Only 4 songs were sung, and then it was time for dinner. We served everyone as they sat and mingled and visited. We cooked Baked Rotini, with salad, and Texas Toast. Refreshments were served as well, being Red Diamond Sweet Tea, and Lemonade. It seemed to be a big hit. We made enough food for about 60 people. So there ended up being enough left over to donate to our church's children camp that began today.

During the time I began to eat, the church treasurer, Tony, came and dropped an envelope before me. It had my name at the address spot, and then in the bottom right corner, the amount $800.00 was written. I was speechless. Not only was it over 300 dollars, but it was the amount that was my ENTIRE goal for this weekend!! Crazy! Awesome! Incredible! MIRACULOUS!!

In addition to the other money I had been given at church that morning, and my babysitting money I had saved back, I was able to write Convoy of Hope a check for a total of $1,664.31. Above that, when I took the check to COH today, I found out that I had an additional $320 that had come in since I had last heard. Which brings the final total at Convoy of Hope to a little over $2660. With the other financial support that will be coming in, I will not only be able to reach my goal of $3,100, but also be able to have money to take with me as I go-which was a major concern for me. I really don't feel to wonderful travelling thousands of miles with no cash!

Keep praying for me and the team! Your prayers are being heard and answered.

I love you guys!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!

No comments: