Tuesday, February 7, 2012

LET IT RAIN

Romans 8:18-28

"That's why I don't think there's any comparison between the present hard times and the coming good times.The created world itself can hardly wait for what's coming next.Everything in creation is being more or less held back. God reins it inuntil both creation and all the creatures are ready and can be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead. Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens.

All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it's not only around us; it's within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We're also feeling the birth pangs.These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance.That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy.

Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good."

I had two church dates with Jamie today. I love this incredible iron sharpening iron friendship we have. So God breathed. One of the focuses of our discussion revolved around a level of expectancy and anticipation that the Jesus-birthed dreams in our hearts WILL happen. That our steps of obedience will be ones that carve new Faith-filled paths of righteousness. That those who are witnesses to this will be strengthened and encouraged in their own walk with Jesus.

So many decisions lie ahead of me. I'm beginning to realize that the older I become, the more decisions there are to make. And so many choices before those decisions are made. I've been choosing to focus on the choices instead of simply focusing on the One whose heart I'm aiming to please. If my sole desire was meant to LOVE Jesus and my Father with ALL of my heart, soul, mind, and strength, I'm failing miserably.

There are a few (okay, maybe a lot of) things that I have to improve on. I will choose to improve on them, because I have chosen to walk this journey of claiming uncharted territory for the advancement of the Gospel. And in order to advance Him, I have to be faithful and obedient in EVERY area of my life. He'll still love me if I don't, but I will live beneath His full intention for my life if I choose mediocrity. However, I will be rich in Him if I choose to obey and love with all that I am. and at the end of the day, that's all that really matters.

I have a feeling that He is about to shake some stuff up in the upcoming days, weeks, and months.

All I have to say about that is...let. it. rain.

No comments: