Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ohhh...Joyce Meyer. what the?

So I've always said I'm not a huge fan of Joyce Meyer, but she's kinda been killin it at my life group. Here are my notes from tonight's group meet. Eat it up!


Lifegroup: Take II


But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13 MSG)


Where does hope lie? If its in you, the world, your things...it's shaky and misplaced. By putting hope in your job, or position, or money...you WILL be let down. An unrealistic expectation.


[What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living! (Psalm 27:13 AMP)


If you have formed a habit of being negative, you have to form a habit of positive.


Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord. (Psalm 27:14 AMP)


"Somebody else is not responsible for your joy."


Let Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, be upon us, in proportion to our waiting and hoping for You. (Psalm 33:22 AMP)


Return to the stronghold [of security and prosperity], you prisoners of hope; even today do I declare that I will restore double your former prosperity to you. (Zechariah 9:12 AMP)


But Jesus [for His part] did not trust Himself to them, because He knew all [men]; And He did not need anyone to bear witness concerning man [needed no evidence from anyone about men], for He Himself knew what was in human nature. [He could read men’s hearts.] [I Sam. 16:7.] (John 2:24, 25 AMP)


I expect that I will get disappointed in my life, but I can choose to NOT become devastated. Because when you get devastated, you stop moving forward.


When you get disappointed:

get reappointed! By decision, "I'm not gonna let this get the best of me." I can't decide what I'm going to feel but I can decide what I think and say. And pretty soon, your feelings will catch up with what you think and say.

No comments: