Thursday, February 2, 2012

we're gonna laugh so hard...

I am no spiritual giant. I don't pray over my dinner all the time. I don't spend hours a day picking apart greek and hebrew words to gain a deeper understanding of the Word of God. and while I'm confessing; I don't even tithe super faithfully. Fasting isn't a priority. I guess I could say I have room to improve...obviously.

But one thing I am sure of that is within me is this:

I love Jesus. and I will do nothing less but passionately pursue you until you also fall head over heels in love with this God-became-man even more than I am. I'm going to love you. If that means you need a cool washcloth, you got it. A blanket, I'm there. Kleenex's, puke buckets, a hairbrush, fingernail clippers, a piece of gum...it's on me.

For my kids (birthed from me or not), I'm gonna keep you safe if it means I lose my life. We're gonna laugh so hard our smiles hurt and our tummys ache. Our made up songs will fill the empty skies. Colored pages will plaster our walls. There's going to be a lot of us, and it's going to be amazing. and I'm gonna teach you about this Jesus-once-man. I'm gonna show you how He loves. and we're gonna love together, each other, and our neighbors like He loves us. We're going to fall in love with the things of Him.

and you're gonna grow up and be mothers and fathers of your nations. children of the King. men of valor and women of courage. and I'm going to bow in reverence to the One who made it possible.

we're gonna laugh so hard. i wait with overflowing anticipation. i groan in eagerness. i seek Him.

we're gonna laugh so hard.

No comments: