Wednesday, February 29, 2012

one hour

i catch myself thinking thoughts that are blasphemous. they're gone as quickly as they arrive on the path of a brain wave. but a sense of fear surges through me. because from what i know, that is unforgivable. destined to eternal torture. it makes me kind of want to throw up. i keep wrapping around to this place. this place of uncertainty about the God above. and i don't really want to be here.

it almost feels like i'm spiraling down a deep water well on this journey of religiosity. i don't even remember the fall. but the brick sides of the well are getting harder and harder to claw my fingers into. but if i stop grabbing, a sense of permanent end overcomes me that i don't want yet. i don't want to stop believing. but, when did i even start contemplating Him?

a week and a half ago, i pledged a "faith promise" to expand the cause of missions because i was convinced i heard God speak. but two days later, a stupid conversation left me angry. like maniac-type anger. and i went from spiritual "high" with this belief to...disbelief. in a matter of one hour.

is my faith that weak? so easily shaken? so quickly crumbled?

tell me, have you been here? honestly...

remember my post on "spiritual bipolar"? i'm convinced. i've got it. :), only sorta not kidding...

1 comment:

caughtup said...

You must have been on the verge of something GREAT, for the enemy to swoop in and cut you off at your limbs. The battle is not against flesh and blood. We have a choice to serve one or the other. If it's not Jesus, unfortunately it is the dude in red. God is gracious and we learn A LOT in the valleys, we must not fear them....But pray for deliverance. Sounds like your thoughts are keeping you just shy of the fruits of the spirit. Just a shift in thinking... We have ALL been there. You are definitely not alone!! I am praying that whatever you are going through right now, will only add to your faith and help you confirm why it is you believe what you believe. It's easy to get mad at Jesus, because we forget he's been in our shoes. But he stood firm and we falter. I praise him for standing so firm against opposition, because it's given me a chance to choose life. It is a choice. If you do nothing. You still chose. I'm praying for you and I trust God is doing a mighty work in you. If you are in pain, you are not in line with God's word. You can trust that the enemy has watered a lie that you are believing. Find it, uproot it and then plant God's truth. I'm here for you!